JOB OPENING: BE.IN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The BE.IN Executive Director role
BE.IN is governed by a board consisting of the presidents of its member institutions and managed in partnership with the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership (DBP). The Executive Director works closely with the Director of Operations and other staff members and together they translate the imperatives outlined for the organization by the Consortium’s stakeholders.
Critical Competencies for Success
Executive Leader + Strategic Thinker + Project Manager
● Provide overall strategic leadership and vision for organization
● Continue to develop, implement, and effectively manage multiple programs and activities that are consistent with BE.IN’s strategic plan
● Review, develop, and track consortium goals and work plans and act as operational leader, including preparation and management of an annual budget
● Lead and mentor staff to accomplish organizational goals, including hiring, mentoring, and staff development
● Collect and analyze data to inform programs and develop research and metrics of success as needed
● Coordinate with BE.IN’s management partner, DBP, in overseeing grants, sponsorships, operating costs, and other matters pertinent to the financial health of the Consortium
● Develop a financial model that supports the sustainable growth and development of BE.IN
● Foster new relationships with potential private sector or foundation partners and funders; secure government, foundation, and corporate support for specific BE.IN initiatives
Community Builder + Higher Ed / Workforce Development Guru
● Develop and maintain very strong, positive working relationships with the highest levels of leadership at the member universities, colleges, and graduate schools
● Foster cooperation among member institutions to broaden and enrich academic programs, encourage fiscal economies through shared services, and expand and encourage community service activities
● Develop and forge relationships with industry leaders that can offer a pipeline of jobs to students within the BE.IN community
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
Education + Experience
● Master’s Degree required; PhD or terminal degree preferable (business, communications, economic development, public policy, education)
● At least 5 years of experience working in an executive or senior administrative capacity in higher education, business assistance, communications, workforce development, and/or economic development
● Experience conceptualizing, producing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects in concert with a broader strategic plan
● Demonstrated fundraising experience with high value yields (at least $150,000 in revenue from multiple sources in one year)
● Demonstrated ability to convene and engage stakeholders with varying viewpoints and objectives to develop collective goals – and the ability to achieve them
● Exceptional oral and written communications skills
● Experience managing staff, internal operations, operating budgets, and business development Salary
● Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Interested candidates should email cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/CV to email@example.com with “BE.IN Executive Director” in the subject line.
The Brooklyn Education Innovation Network (BE.IN) is a Brooklyn-based consortium of 10 public and private institutions - representing 66,000 college and professional students and 11,000 faculty and staff - that takes a comprehensive and innovative approach to how colleges, universities, and graduate schools collaborate. From academics, to student life, to administrative processes, and serving as a local talent pipeline, BE.IN plays an active role in the life, mind, and creation of partnerships and collaborative work in Brooklyn.
BE.IN’s mission is to foster cooperation among member institutions to broaden and enrich academic programs, encourage economies of scale through shared services, expand and encourage community service activities, and fuel economic growth by being a magnet to draw the best students and faculty to study, explore, live, intern, and work in Brooklyn.