JOB OPENING: COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS ASSOCIATE
The Communication + Events Associate role
The Communications and Events Associate will provide support for DBP’s marketing and communications team with community engagement, event planning, and social media coordination. The candidate will foster connections with local stakeholders to promote DBP programming and events, further DBP’s digital engagement, and assist with the planning and production of marketing events.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with a demonstrated interest and background in, marketing, social media, communications and event planning.
The responsibilities of the Communications and Events Associate will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Cultivate relationships with relevant contacts within the residential and business community to provide information about DBP events and initiatives;
• Collect data to collect feedback regarding the efficacy of DBP programs, events, digital media campaigns;
• Assist in the planning and logistics for special events including permitting, site plan creation and management;
• Serve as on-site event liaison, and represent DBP at various events;
• Maintain detailed database of press and marketing channels for DBP events and post events in relevant resources;
• Creation of content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat and scheduling in Hootsuite;
• Assist in crafting social media strategy around our events;
• Research popular bloggers, hashtags, and campaigns for social media strategy;
Qualified candidates will have the followint skills and qualifications:
Education + Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or a related field AND at least 2 years of experience in a relevant field is required.
• Experience with social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Hootsuite. Snapchat a plus;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Outgoing and friendly with excellent verbal and written communications skills and excellent attention to detail;
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet multiple deadlines. Event planning experience a plus;
• Team player able to juggle several projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Willingness for a flexible work day and weekends as needed;
Downtown Brooklyn Partnership (DBP) is a not-for-profit local development corporation that serves as the primary champion for Downtown Brooklyn as a world-class business, cultural, educational, residential, and retail destination. Working together with the three Business Improvement Districts (BID) that is manages - the MetroTech BID, Fulton Mall Improvement Association, and Court-Livingston-Schermerhorn BID - DBP’s diverse activities include attracting new businesses and improving the environment for existing stakeholders; facilitating the construction of public spaces and streetscapes that promote an active and cohesive community; supporting and promoting Downtown Brooklyn’s cultural and civic assets; and encouraging a unified sense of place and an engaged community.
This is a full-time position. Salary is based on experience and qualifications.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com with “Communications and Events Associate” in the subject of the email.