The Operations Manager role
DBP’s Operations Team works to make Downtown Brooklyn the cleanest and most beautiful district in the City. Anchored by a team of approximately 90 workers, DBP provides year-round sanitation, snow removal, landscaping, streetscape asset repair, and beautification services for the neighborhood’s 1.1 million square feet of public space.
Toward that end, the Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations and play a critical role in managing DBP’s extensive public space portfolio – from overseeing the provision of district services, spearheading data management/analytics initiatives, to stakeholder outreach, and other technical skills and support.
The responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include, but not be limited to, the following:
District Service Management
- Manage and oversee daily operations coordinated by DBP’s in-house Field Team and provide support in the district to help resolve issues.
- Conduct regular district tours to assure the delivery of high quality services
- Evaluate and track performance of vendors
- Work with public agencies to address systemic cleanliness and capital maintenance matters
- Develop, organize, manage and analyze organizational service and program data (e.g. public asset usage, public plaza analytics, retail shopping surveys, waste stream analysis, pedestrian counting data, retail vacancy surveys, BID assessment roll, and business intelligence data)
- Coordinate with Operations Team and Public Safety Team to execute data collection activities (e.g. surveys, field audits, asset tracking and assessments, etc.)
- Create regular/specialized scorecards, analytics, and reports that will be provided to Board, President, Senior Directors, and City representatives
- Conduct visualization/ mapping for special planning projects and daily operations needs
Business Outreach / Liaison
- Act as a principal point of contact for the district’s merchants, tenants, and property managers
- Oversee the Public Safety and Operations Teams to coordinate dissemination of information and materials to district businesses and other stakeholders including City agencies
- Conduct regular outreach and audits of district businesses to understand their business health and needs
- Collect, catalog, and resolve constituent concerns and complaints
- Technical Support
- Provide technical research and technical writing support in connection with various projects including but not limited to RFP drafting, vendor procurement, and special projects planning (e.g. streetscape planning, landscape planning, concession management)
- Provide project management support to track project deadlines and milestones
- Organize and maintain all department related documentation
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
Education + Experience
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, business administration, economics, econometrics, public policy, public administration, or a related field AND at least 2 years of experience in a relevant field is required OR
Graduate degree in urban planning, business administration, economics, public policy, public administration, or a related field AND prior experience in a relevant field is required
Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills required
Demonstrated project management skills preferred
Salesforce / database management skills a plus
Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
Proficiency with GIS
Excellent communication skills
Strong work ethic and ability to meet multiple deadlines;
Team player able to thrive in a fast pace environment
Meticulous attention to detail
Willingness for a flexible work day and weekends as needed
Downtown Brooklyn Partnership (DBP) is a not-for-profit local development corporation that serves as the primary champion for Downtown Brooklyn as a world-class business, cultural, educational, residential, and retail destination.
Working together with the three Business Improvement Districts (BID) that it manages - the MetroTech BID, Fulton Mall Improvement Association, and Court-Livingston-Schermerhorn BID - DBP’s diverse activities include attracting new businesses and improving the environment for existing stakeholders; facilitating the construction of public spaces and streetscapes that promote an active and cohesive community; supporting and promoting Downtown Brooklyn’s cultural and civic assets; and encouraging a unified sense of place and an engaged community.
Interested candidates should email the following to Ryan Grew, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter, resume and three professional references
- Salary requirements