Join us for the 2nd annual 5x10 Talks
What do the Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster, the heads of Tough Mudder and Brooklyn Industries, an award-winning novelist, and an architect who helped design Barclays Center all have in common? They are your amazing line-up for the 2nd annual 5x10 Talks taking place at 7:30pm on Wednesday, May 6th at BRIC.
As with last year’s sold-out event, we will ask the following five local innovators to speak for 10 minutes each on the subject of “What’s Next?”
- Vishaan Chakrabarti, Principal of SHoP Architects, which designed Barclays Center, among other notable Brooklyn projects;
- Lexy Funk, CEO and Co-Founder of Brooklyn Industries, the lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer with 16 stores in three states, including one on Fulton Mall;
- Bernice L. McFadden, author of nine critically-acclaimed novels and a Brooklyn native;
- Garrett Oliver, the brewmaster for Brooklyn Brewery and one of the foremost beer authorities in the world;
- Adam Slutsky, President and COO of Tough Mudder, a Downtown Brooklyn-based company which offers team-oriented obstacle courses.
Interspersed among the talks will be performances by local cultural organizations, including Bang on a Can’s Asphalt Orchestra; a video presentation by BRIC | Brooklyn Independent Media; and writer and performance artist Najee Omar, presented by MoCADA.
The event is brought to you by the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, thanks to the generous support of sponsors Archer A. Associates Inc., Chelsea Garden Center, Cullen and Dykman, Delta Air Lines, MAC Gym Brooklyn, and The Doe Fund, WXY, and media partners, Brooklyn Independent Media and Brooklyn Magazine.
This year, we are also offering VIP admission ($100), which gives you access to a special pre-event reception to meet our speakers and performers and dine on food and drink provided by Breuckelen Distilling, Brooklyn Brewery, and Hill Country Barbecue Market.
Tickets for the program only are $75, with a limited number of early-bird rates available for the first 50 ticket purchasers at $50. Proceeds go toward supporting the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership’s free community events.
For information on sponsorship opportunities, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.